Mexico. Paint maker Comex revealed its Color of the Year for 2020. This is the Vegetal 294-05, which is characterized by having nuances that are related to the agave plant, magueys and cacti, and can be harmonized with concrete finishes, which enriches the feeling of well-being in built environments.
Color has a great impact on everyone, a study conducted by the Institute for Color Research, CCICOLOR of the United States, highlights that between 62 and 90% of people make a subconscious judgment about an object based solely on color.
For this reason, Comex has developed over the last 12 years the ColorLife Trendes program, which works hand in hand with the professionals of the sector: the creatives, by defining the color trends and the color of the year. This initiative seeks to promote the use of color in all industries and discover its power as a visual tool to improve the environment.
On the new color, Comex gave some recommendations on how to get the most out of it:
• It can be used as a predominant color, as an intermediate color or as an accent, it all depends on the proportion in which it is used.
• It is adaptable and multifaceted, it lends itself to combining with almost any color.
• Application: in rest rooms it can be used on walls where the headboard is and will provide a cozy feeling; in rooms or rooms, it will give the intention of elegance and a contemporary space will be seen; if applied in kitchens, it can look refreshing and calm. Vegetal also has its peaceful side, if applied in spaces where the activity is intense, it can help a lot to relax and be calming: in study spaces, entertainment or even in offices at home, this color becomes an excellent ally to provide concentration, fluidity and relaxation in sight.
• Outdoors it can be applied as an accent, the idea is that it looks in adequate proportions according to the size of the façade,
• Application: apply it on cornices, balconies, short fences and in conjunction with other colors, will give a touch of sophistication to the space. If you want to apply it on zaguanes, gates or blacksmithing, in addition to protecting, it will give the exterior of buildings or houses a touch of interesting color and flattering to the harmony of complete color.
• Vegetable combines and harmonizes perfectly with other greens, but more intense, or with more yellow load.
• Looks great with warm grays, whether light or dark, with deep oranges and yellows.
• With very soft roses and neutral shades of beige and dry greens it also looks spectacular.
• Green monochromatic spaces, will look conceptual and trendy.
Combination with finishes:
• This color looks good in matte, satin or glossy finish
• Application: can be used in different types of products: vinyl paint for any type of walls, enamels for blacksmithing and metals, varnishes and water-based inks for woods, epoxy floors, Effex (effects and finishes that simulate stone, metal, fabrics and marble), Texturi (pastes for finishes on walls from fine to rough).
For someone who is not used to decorating with color, Vegetal will be a great success to start, it can be in small extension and combined with neutral tones to enhance its beauty and leave it as a focal point of an environment.
For people who like the most notorious changes, we can already talk about painting complete walls, and even make large blocks where the application begins on the ceiling and goes down to a wall, which will give the impression of contemporary and current environments.